Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SIDUNGEN TA PA YAKEN ……

Jaten a maichakaydian du Ivana:

My thirty six years in the government service consisted of seven years as school teacher, two years as textbook writer, 17 years in the military and 10.4 years as punong barangay. All of these required close contact with people, both rich and poor, high and low, mighty and weak, not only here in Batanes, but in the entire country and in the United States of America.

My humble beginnings in life and modest existence as a family man are matters that have sharpened my awareness for the worsening peace and order, economic, social and political plight of Ivana today. I have strong feelings for change and reform through the forthcoming elections, if we have honorable existence, economic progress and development, greater social justice, more meaningful liberty, and peace and prosperity for all.

With a lot of circumspection, I have decided to run for Mayor. I have no political machinery to speak of. I have no financial resources. But I have the honor. I do have principles. I do have courage.

I believe I am ready, as ever, to take this new role. With your prayers and support, this dream of a better Ivana is not far-fetched. It takes the collective effort of every Ivaneo to make things improve for a better community in disarray (kung sinu-sino na lang may proyekto sa ating bayan na hindi na pinapaalam sa ating punong bayan o mayor, at walang pakialam ang mga ating pinuno)… a community that is being plundered by our municipal officials by giving themselves gargantuan salaries and allowances . . . a community whose hope is running dry.

All I can do, is to make the best effort possible to make Ivana better, stand by my principles for Good Government, and fight for what is right. There is hope for this community and us, Ivaneos. All we have to do is believe that we can change our town for the better.

These considerations have given me the courage to appeal for your support, without money or political patronage, in the coming elections. If elected as mayor of Ivana (not mayor of only those who will vote for me), I pledge a dedicated, objective, active conscientious leadership in the economic and social development of our community.

With your support, I will fight to win this election, so that together, we can chart a new and better future for our community.

Please vote for me! Hindi kayo magsisi!